There is a lot ot think about when you move. It can be extremely stressful but luckily we are here to take some of that stress away.
Here are some useful tips to help make sure your move goes smoothly:
- De-clutter! It’s a good idea to go through every room and either sell, donate to charity or throw away anything you won’t be needing at your new home. It’s a new start right? This could also save you time and money during your move.
- Leading up to your move try to collect as much packaging material and as many boxes as you can. You will never have enough! We are at hand though if you fail to do so. Please contact us a couple of days before your move to arrange boxes, tape and other packing materials. Our team are expert packers too.
- Ensure all goods are adequately packed and ready to go on day of move. Leaving things unpacked or in disarray could slow your move. Again if you need us to pack for you, please let us know and we will be happy to help.
- Ensure there is adequate access to both properties. The one you are leaving and the one you are moving into.
- Confirm that the property you are moving into is vacant. You don’t need the previous occupiers hindering your move.
- Try to use up as much of your food cupboard as possible leading up to the move. Transporting opened food products can be a messy business.
- Think about parking. Can the removal vehicle park close enough to load or offload at your premises. Perhaps arrange for a parking permit or secure a space before the removal date.
- Get any very expensive items valued and insured professionally. Although we offer a FREE insurance cover and are extremely careful with your items, we couldn’t ever replace that Rembrandt!
If you have any questions about your move or need any advice about moving house, we are happy to share our 22 years experience.